1 ton Dually?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
There may be turbo lag, but how often are you going to mash the throttle while trying to crawl? If you are in 4lo I suspect you would just be creeping along, and appreciate the mounds of low end torque available with or without the turbo lag.

I cannot readily think of an example where you will suddenly want to jam on the throttle while you are offroad, and in the rare case that you do (you hit a snowdrift?) a brief delay in spool up won't kill you. Where else would you go 0% to WOT in less than 1 sec?

I can only imagine the 4.56 with the cummins, and current manual tranny lol. You would redline on the highway at 65mph. I would say you could safely stick with a 4.10 :p

Sagebrush2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The only times I've needed to mash the loud pedal offroad is when I'm not paying attention and something sneaks up on me... like a puddle. Guess we disadvantaged with the CTD can always stop and back up and make a longer run for it! :)

LOL - matched with the CTD, I'm happy with the 3.73s