2012 Ram 1500 5.7 No Power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UpstateNY2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi all,

I just went outside to pick up my little guy from school and my truck wouldn't start. No power at all when I opened the door and inserted the key. Nothing. I figured I must have left something on when I and drained the battery. Grabbed a jumper pack and still nothing. Pulled the battery terminals cleaned them off and reconnected. When I got back in the truck I saw a solid red dot on the dashboard. A quick GOOGLE search showed that this is the ant-theft system indicator. I've been searching the internet for a solution but I'm having no luck with anything. I was hoping someone here might be able to help.

Thanks!

Update:

I pulled the battery and found some moisture underneath where that bolt is. It looks rusted so this can be the first time it's gotten wet. Also a space next to the battery had a small amount of water. We did get rain all day yesterday. I've attached the pics for reference.

Edit:
2012 ram 1500 5.7 4x4

Attachments

• IMG_0204.jpg
    IMG_0204.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0205.jpg
    IMG_0205.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0206.jpg
    IMG_0206.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 4