5-45 RFE swap to manual, computer issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
This would be good, since it is a Viper trans.
View attachment 542283
It's better then the pistol grip,lol. If you watch video's of any of the old 4 speed masters like Bill Jenkins / Ronny Sox etc.,they all used a t-handle shifter,it's the easiest handle to make power shifts with ;)

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is the question and response I got to my email to AlfaOBD about whether their system could configure a manual trans.

"I have a 2011 Ram truck with an automatic transmission. I am considering swapping a manual transmission from a Dodge Challenger. Will the AlfaOBD system allow the needed computer changes to make systems compatible with the manual transmission in the Ram?
IE; Telling the truck it now has a manual transmission."

Can someone translate?

I know this might be different on your truck but I found this in AlfaOBD listed under My2019 PowerNet/VehConfig 7/Transmission Equipped

AlfaOBD trans type.jpg

OP
OP
Racer9

Racer9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thank you for that. I just talked to the local auto electronics "experts", and they said I would need a computer from a truck with a manual trans (used are over $500) and they would need to reset the vin to mine for about $200. They said they can reflash but only to Dodge oem specs for my vin.
Basically, I don't know if my computer has manual trans programing in it.
I guess it's worth getting AlfaObd for all it costs and see if I can make it work.