Air ride seat in Ram 3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GrandpaDon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO Diesel
I am considering a plan to install an air ride seat in my truck. Has anyone installed a Knoedler, Bostrom, Sears, or National air suspension seat in a Ram 3500? I would like to discuss this because I have a bad back and would really like to improve the ride quality of my truck. I wish the manufacturers of heavy duty trucks would provide an option like this in the future.

nlambert182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Well, headroom is going to be your #1 obstacle. Air ride seats usually need a pretty tall base so you would have to find a custom seat.

That said, I know at one time Knoedler supposedly had a low profile air ride seat that was designed for a Ram but they are pricey. Since the factory seats also have airbags in them, you're likely going to throw an airbag light if you disconnect and remove them. Not sure what else it might cause issues with.

- Edit - Found the seat:

zrock

Reaction score
should be interesting as hwy truck seats are much larger that passenger veh seats. Personally i would look more at improving your suspension than changing out a seat. Stay away from the bostrom seats, one of my customers purchased one and found the arm rests are much shorter and he ended up taking it out and putting in a different brand