Air Suspension Bag and Ride Height Sensor replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

junkyardMech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L
Hello just looking for some experienced input.

I have a 2015 3.0L eco diesel and recently my right rear air bag suspension exploded taking the ride height sensor with it. I was told by a Chrysler service advisor that the air suspension system is a closed system. I was wondering if I changed the bag and the ride height sensor will I have to get the system refilled with air and the sensor calibrated by the dealership? Or after replacing both parts I should be good?

Thank you.

Bandit517

That Trials Guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It is in fact a closed system, filled with Nitrogen. The system will need vacuumed and recharged similar to an A/C system.

Neuropathysux

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Oh crap! I have a 2013 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn 5.7 which I purchased last summer and I also had an issue with the freezing temperatures giving me issues on adjusting height as I used a buddies shop a couple of times to warm it up so I could get back to my normal height. I wanted to replace my compressor though because of how loud it is and it seems now to be slower adjusting even since I've owned it. I don't want to wait until I have total failure either. One, is it a good idea to fix now? Two, I am mechanically capable to replace it but not so much to filling with nitrogen. I guess it make sense with nitrogen because of it not having moisture like regular air. Do you recommend only OEM compressors, or is there something cheaper that would work as well as I am just on a tight budget. If you have any other ideas, please inform me. Thanks for any replies!

Bandit517

That Trials Guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Oh crap! I have a 2013 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn 5.7 which I purchased last summer and I also had an issue with the freezing temperatures giving me issues on adjusting height as I used a buddies shop a couple of times to warm it up so I could get back to my normal height. I wanted to replace my compressor though because of how loud it is and it seems now to be slower adjusting even since I've owned it. I don't want to wait until I have total failure either. One, is it a good idea to fix now? Two, I am mechanically capable to replace it but not so much to filling with nitrogen. I guess it make sense with nitrogen because of it not having moisture like regular air. Do you recommend only OEM compressors, or is there something cheaper that would work as well as I am just on a tight budget. If you have any other ideas, please inform me. Thanks for any replies!
I don't have any direct experience with replacement parts like the compressor. I'd think a reputable company should be an alright choice.

These compressors are somewhat loud anyway, especially if you're standing by the passenger tail light. Do you have any other symptoms that would help diagnose?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cbassrex