AlfaOBD Help--> 2013 RAM BCM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OffRoad4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Swapping out BCM's on my 2013 RAM.
If my current VIN is correct, but the original VIN is different,

---> Can I start this truck without it going into anti-theft and locking me out?

Background:
AlfaOBD and OBDLink MX+
Win 10 Desktop
ASUS Bluetooth 5.0 Adapter
Vin Write successful; System status displays both current VIN (from my old BCM) and original VIN (from the BCM I purchased)
Backed up config from original BCM / restored to new (used) BCM. Checked both in Read System Status
Everything else is original equipment and is functioning as expected; I have not tweaked anything.

Thanks Ahead!

Last edited:

Ken226

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Swapping out BCM's on my 2013 RAM. If my current VIN is correct, but the original VIN is different, can I start this truck without it going into anti-theft and locking me out?

Background:
AlfaOBD and OBDLink MX+
Win 10 Desktop
ASUS Bluetooth 5.0 Adapter
Vin Write successful; System status displays both current VIN (from my old BCM) and original VIN (from the BCM I purchased)
Backed up config from original BCM / restored to new (used) BCM. Checked both in Read System Status
Everything else is original equipment and is functioning as expected; I have not tweaked anything.

Thanks Ahead!

Thanks for updating this post with the results. These BCM's have pretty much been discontinued by Mopar, so used may be the only option for some. If so, it's good to know that a used BCM can be flashed with the correct configuration using AlphaOBD.