Center Axle Disconnect Vacuum Issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JimJam300

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
2001 1500 4x4

I had my front diff rebuilt, the mechanic had the axle removed from the truck and after I got the truck back I started having these issues.

1. In 2HI, my 4x4 light comes on when the engine is under load: hard acceleration on a level surface or moderate acceleration up an incline.

2. In 4HI/4LO driving off road, the front end clunks and the 4x4 light flashes rapidly during a loss of traction.

3. When switching from 4HI/4LO to 2HI, it sometimes takes a few cycles of the shifter to get the 4x4 light to turn off.

I am thinking this is a vacuum issue because of the light coming on when the engine is under load. I have inspected the CAD area and found that the hose clamps on the CAD actuator were not installed correctly, I replaced them with brand new spring clamps and the acceleration under load trips the 4x4 light even more frequently. I made sure the vacuum connector was oriented correctly. Soon I am going to remove the CAD assembly from the axle and inspect it and vacuum test the actuator.

If anyone has some pointers I would gladly appreciate them.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi

Last edited: