HUD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tommy66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought a new 2023 Ram Sport and it does not HUD, anyone price what it would cost to install?

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Doesn't seem feasible to add the factory HUD. It would require swapping the entire dash out. I'm not sure what it would require as far as software goes. And I also am unsure about wiring the thing up. Have you thought about adding an aftermarket HUD? Much less expensive and easier to install.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
Have you thought about adding an aftermarket HUD? Much less expensive and easier to install.

Is there one that isn't garbage? Every one I've seen tested on the youtubes was terrible.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Is there one that isn't garbage? Every one I've seen tested on the youtubes was terrible.
Honestly I haven't looked into it myself. I had a HUD in the 2021 Limited I used to own. It was more of a novelty really. The 2020 Limited we currently own doesn't have one and it's not a must have item for me anymore. I've read about people going with aftermarket solutions but didn't really pay much attention to how good or bad they are.

DanAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
The one in my 23 Limited works pretty well once you get it dialed in to fit your seating height. But the wording for street names is too small to read easily and I just plain overlook it most of the time. Just wondering if the windshield glass is the same as for non-hud trucks.