I just changed my spark plugs to NGK copper and it still runs rough. 5.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Connor

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
I just changed my spark plugs with NGK copper and my truck still is running rough. It is throwing all kinds of codes. I also put a new battery in it. Can someone please help

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
If you want a true answer:
Take your vehicle to an auto parts store for a free Scan of your electronics.
Then post every Trouble Code by number, not name
like: P0456 for instance

Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTCs) -- Trouble codes are how OBDII identifies and communicates to technicians where and what on-board problems exist. The first number in the DTC indicates whether the code is an SAE generic code (applies to all OBDII systems) or is specific to the vehicle manufacturer.

Certain websites give out the fullest information on how to trouble shoot the DTCs.

( i personally use this site, once i have the DTC )

Last edited:

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I just changed my spark plugs with NGK copper and my truck still is running rough. It is throwing all kinds of codes. I also put a new battery in it. Can someone please help
Where did you get the plugs from?
Would help if you gave us more info,running rough covers a whole spectrum of issues.
Start with posting the codes it's throwing,and look up what the code is referancing and post it while you're at it.
Don't expect us to do your basic groundwork,so look up the codes first.

Last edited:

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
This reminds me of a test I took and had the answer sheet but didnt believe it so I asked the class for help.