Rattle inside cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RL1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
none
I just got a new truck yesterday. I didn't notice this on the drive home, but today while driving around I noticed a rattle, especially at lower speeds going over bumps. This is the type of thing that will drive me crazy.

I drove around more tonight and didn't really notice as much until I got closer to home. Fortunately I was able to replicate it once I got home by just closing the center console firmly.

It took me awhile to finally figure out where it was coming from. It's coming from the overhead panel - where the garage door opener, lights, rear window control are. If I press it down anywhere on the panel the rattle goes away. I have no idea how this will be remedied. I'm guessing the only fix will be the dealer, but if anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears.

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
Just take it back to the dealer and make them remedy it...it's a brand new truck, let them deal with it...

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
i agree.

luckly mine doesnt do that yet

4XLGATOR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Just take it back to the dealer and make them remedy it...it's a brand new truck, let them deal with it...

what he said...rattle noise + warranty = dealer problem. sounds like something is loose or not fitted properly. at worst, they should be able to "shim" the problem away. good luck

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Dealer all the way on a new truck .. let us know how it works out