Rear Seat / Panel Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nettrekker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi - 5.7
I remember seeing a post here some time ago where the rear seat fold down mod was done and the person removed the back panel and replaced it with sound deadening material and carpet. Can someone point me to that post, I cannot find it?

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I remember seeing a post here some time ago where the rear seat fold down mod was done and the person removed the back panel and replaced it with sound deadening material and carpet. Can someone point me to that post, I cannot find it?

I don’t know where the requested post is on the forum but I can tell you from experience removing the back panel covering is very easy. After the rear seats are out the rear panel is only held on by six christmas tree plastic push pins. Very easy to apply self stick sound deadening material to the metal wall behind the rear carpet panel.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Sometimes it's easier to use Google and search something like "ramforum.com rear seat sound deadening" then click on the image search to find pictures of what your looking for to find the thread...

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey Nettrekker..I removed the whole back seat and back seat panel for our K9's. Did multi layered sound deadener ( Second Skin Audio ) and mounted a 1/2 plywood sheet with vinyl covering over megasorb. Atteached the panel via 2 bolts into the rear panel wall where the seat bolted in origionally, and used big washers to hold everything firm. Works like a charm...e mail me if you want more [email protected]