Resetting those Reminders

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tact1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L Eco Diesel
I have a reminder light on my 2016 EcoDiesel for a brake light bulb being out. I replaced it. Same thing with oil change, I changed oil and filter and now I have a reminder light to change my oil. Can't find instructions anywhere to reset the reminders.

ibike

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It’s in the owners manual under the cluster information

ibike

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OIL LIFE RESET
Your vehicle is equipped with an engine oil change
indicator system. The “Oil Change Required” message will display in the instrument cluster display for five seconds after a single chime has sounded, to indicate the next scheduled oil change interval. The engine oil change indicator system is duty cycle based, which means the engine oil change interval may fluctuate, dependent upon your personal driving style.
Unless reset, this message will continue to display each time you place the ignition in the ON/RUN position. To turn off the message temporarily, push and release the OK or arrow buttons. To reset the oil change indicator system (after performing the scheduled maintenance), refer to the following procedure:
1. Without pressing the brake pedal, push the ENGINE START/STOP button and place the ignition in the ON/RUN position (do not start the engine).
2. Push and release the down arrow button to scroll downward through the main menu to “Vehicle Info.”
3. Push and release the right arrow button to access the ”Oil Life” screen.
4. Push and hold the OK button to reset oil life. If conditions are met, the gauge and numeric display will update to show 100%. If conditions are not met a pop-up message of “To reset oil life engine must be off with ignition in run” will be displayed (for five seconds), and the user will remain at the Oil Life screen.

5. Push and release the up or down arrow button to exit the submenu screen.
NOTE:
If the indicator message illuminates when you start the vehicle, the oil change indicator system did not reset. If necessary, repeat this procedure.