Shock Recommendations with Level Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sbuko213

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO
Looking at installing the Rock Krawler 2" level kit on my 2019 3500 to fit 35s (I already know they'll fit). I'm looking between the Fox 2.0s, Bilstein 5100s and 5160s. I have experience with the Foxes and the 5100s. Has anyone done the 5160s? I like the price point and having the reservoir is nice. I don't wheel the truck but for a couple extra bucks, I'd like the reservoir.

Any input?

OP
OP
sbuko213

sbuko213

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO
Yes but R&D in that manner is something I don't have time for anymore unfortunately.

DA67Goatman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've almost always found others' opinions moot when talking subjective things like ride or handling as there's hardly any actual repeatable testing done by anyone. That being said I personally find Bilsteins to consistently be too stiff on compression for my taste. Also I don't have any experience with Fox, other than their Reputation. Best of luck to you and let us know what you decide

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The 5160 is pretty much a 5100 with reservoir. The only benefit of the reservoir is fluid capacity so when being frequently cycled they will stall cooler than a standard shock.

Foxes will ride better than either Bilstein option IMO

Have you checked out the Eibach and ICON coils and shocks? These are both great options. I prefer to run the coils and shocks from the same brand as they are tuned to work with each other.

Message me if you would like a quote on anything. We offer most brands.