Well this was not nice - computer did a hard reset I guess.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tactics

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In 2023, the Dodge Ram earned a spot on Car and Driver’s 10 Best Truck and SUV list. The team that evaluated the Dodge Truck also stated: “Too bad we experienced a lot of glitches with the huge (computer) display during the course of our 40,000-mile long-term test.” They also mentioned that the large touch screens have redundant knobs and buttons. A year later, my Dodge Rebel computer still has a lot of glitches. Some of the computer malfunctions are irritating, such as dialing 911 for no apparent reason, and other malfunctions could be dangerous, such as not realizing your blind spot indicator stopped working.

Tactics

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In 2023, the Dodge Ram earned a spot on Car and Driver’s 10 Best Truck and SUV list. The team that evaluated the Dodge Truck also stated: “Too bad we experienced a lot of glitches with the huge (computer) display during the course of our 40,000-mile long-term test.” They also mentioned that the large touch screens have redundant knobs and buttons. A year later, my Dodge Rebel computer still has a lot of glitches. Some of the computer malfunctions are irritating, such as dialing 911 for no apparent reason, and other malfunctions could be dangerous, such as not realizing your blind-spot indicator stopped working.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
my '14 with the 8.4? radio with nav , etc has never updated, mind you a lot of the nav is way out dated, but I don't use it much anyway. Guess its different then the newer stuff.
don't have car play, and don't miss it as I don't know what it is. Do have blue tooth on the radio

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I also have a 8.4 UAS from a 2019 in my 2018 truck. Never did a software update in all these years as all I wanted is for was to connect my Android to it for maps to show up on screen.

And there are no such things as redundant knobs and buttons, there are redundant icons on the (sometimes) glitchy system.

OP
OP
DanAR

DanAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Mystery solved - no doubt user error and obtuseness. The truck has been showing welcome Driver 2 lately on the media screen when I start it. At first I just figured it forgot my name and which driver I am in the update. Then today it occurred to me driver numbers might be tied to the memory seat settings and maybe somehow I hit memory seat setting 2 accidentally that day it seemed to go bonkers. I’m the only driver of the truck so it had to be me. So I punched memory seat #1 button and my seat made a couple small adjustments and all my displays and settings reverted back to where they were before this happened. The instrument panel setting are back, my radio presets are back, the media screen display is back as it was. I never thought about so much stuff being tied to those seat settings. New tangled, computer controlled crap is just too much for this old engineer to understand.:banghead:

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Aannndd another reason I'm glad not to have all that electronic spaghetti on my truck. :driver: