What is the Best Oil Filter for a 5.7 Hemi (non-eTorque)?

What is the Best Oil Filter for a 5.7 Hemi (non-eTorque)?

• ECOGARD X10232 Premium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MAHLE OX 1145D ECO

• K&N Premium

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Normally use Mopar. But I've used Bosch oil filters when on sale. They seem real good too.

EdGs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Been using Fram XG2 in my Ram for the last several changes.

That little XG10060 just seems way too small to me, and the XG2 is listed for the Challengers, etc. with the Hemi.

Some have said the XG2 won't fit on their Rams, though. Not enough space.

Last edited:

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Been using Fram XG2 in my Ram for the last several changes.

That little XG10060 just seems way too small to me, and the XG2 is listed for the Challengers, etc. with the Hemi.

Some have said the XG2 won't fit on their Rams, though. Not enough space.
If the XG2 fits the new FE2 Endurance should fit also.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I'm guessing you're referring to my set-up.Not my first kick at the can with dual filters,so they're mounted in parrellel,and sit well below the oil filter set-up on the 5.7's,so there's no drainback. I was running this same exact set-up way back in the early 80's on big block chebbies,that tells you how long Transdapt has been building their dual filter set-ups,lol
Must work really well since they haven't been changed since April of 2019.
:D

Racc_506

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Uhh

2 filters REDUCE restriction eh??
Maybe im just a dumb michigan swamp rat but …

In the case of nothing changing but adding a second filter Oil pressure is resistant to flow ….literally. So if the only thing that changed is an added filter and you pressure went up , then flow went down.
You are right 100%. Flow decreases going through a restriction making pressure. Adding a second filter would effectively do more harm on the components internally.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
You are right 100%. Flow decreases going through a restriction making pressure. Adding a second filter would effectively do more harm on the components internally.
Yah I still believe this to be true.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Not quite.If you have a certain volumne of flow through a restriction,cutting that restriction in half,buy doubling it's size,increases flow through the system. The filters are in parrallel,not series,so basically you've doubled the size of the filter,while reducing the inline restriction. Pretty well all V8 car/truck engines measure the oil pressure "after" the filters,not before them,so if the measured pressure after the filters goes up,that means the flow volumn through the filters has also gone up.The oil pump still moves the same amount of oil before the filter,and if nothing internally in the engine has changed,but the measured pressure after the filter/filters is higher,that concludes there must be less restriction between the pump and bearings.
Might be easier to think of it in regards to an oil filter that is old,and getting slightly contaminated,and flow through it starts to decrease,the first thing that drops after the filter is the measured pressure,as you don't have the same volumn of oil being forced through the system to the bearings.
Once you realize oil pressure is measured after the filters,it'll make more sense

Last edited:

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI

Randy Grant

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The OP asked the question, stating that it was a non e-torque. I'm just a dumb nail-bender, but why is that relevant? A 5.7 is a 5.7 when talking 5th Gen.