2009 2500 with Possessed Transfer Case

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stickboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2009 2500 truck with a 5.7 Hemi. A while back, I was driving on the freeway and the Service 4WD light came on. Then, it went back out a minute or so later. This happens intermittently. I don't recall the code number, but the code is about the Transfer Case Solenoid circuit. It had me a bit concerned, but I wasn't too worried about it...

Until a few weeks later, I was standing next to my truck, working on another car, and I heard a weird robotic sounding noise coming from my truck. On closer exam, it was the transfer case switching in and out of 4WD. The truck was not on, and nobody was in it or doing anything. Since then, it has happened a handful of times, and if I let the truck sit for too long (a couple weeks) I will come out to a dead battery.

The only instance I could find of somebody else having this issue was related to the TIPM. This spring, i removed the TPM and did a visual inspection, and there was no dirt or corrosion on the boards or anything. I cleaned it up a bit, sprayed all the connectors to be safe and put it back in. Nothing changed. So my question is, could it be any other part of the system with issues? Could a short to ground somewhere in the circuit cause this? Am I looking at a new TIPM in the future, and what is the best way to determine whether that is the issue or if there is something else happening.

Also, where is a good place to get a wiring diagram for this vehicle? I know Dodge used to post them on their site for builders and such, but it appears that is no more. What sites do the mechanics use, and can a regular joe purchase one there? Let me know your thoughts.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meteleskum