2013 1500 stuck in park!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scgreg744

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V-6
Hello, new to the forum and desperate. My check ABS brake warning had been on for about 6 months but didn't notice any issues with performance. Back in May 24' my 1500 got stuck in park (rotary shifter) , nothing I could do to make it shift. Used emergency neutral technique to tow to the dealer. After diagnosis they said the rotary shifter and abs module had to be replaced. The abs module has been on back order and still is, so my truck sat at the dealer for 3 months and I felt like an afterthought from the dealer. Finally had I towed back home unfixed. Replaced the rotary shifter module, will start but still won't shift. Ordered a brake sensor although my brake lights still work which will arrive this week. Everything I've researched said the abs module won't disable the shifter. So if the brake sensor doesn't fix it. What else could it be. Do I need to reprogram the new shifter module? Thanks in advance!

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
OP
OP
S

scgreg744

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V-6
Thank you, would the abs module cause that issue, replaced the break pedal sensor and it didn't fix it

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
If dealer said so, I have nothing to counter it. Could be the cascading errors result in a fault that can't be cleared until all issues resolved.