2016 2500 Ram cigarette lighters and usb charger not working **Not Fuse**

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

andysam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Hello all,
I have a 2016 Ram 2500 6.4L gas truck. The cigarette lighters and the usb charger have not been working for a few months. Next week I am set to go on a road trip and I really need them working. I checked the fuses, it appears fuse 93, a 20A is the one that controls the cigarette lighters. I pulled it and it looked fine. I replaced it with a new fuse anyways, still didn't fix the issue. What steps should I do next to troubleshoot it?

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
Your "Cigar" power port and USB power ports are on separate fused power paths.

I would check with a multimeter or test light across both sides of the respective fuse. If you have power on both sides, I would look on the path outside the power distribution center starting with the C6 and C7 connector on the bottom side of it. If no power on the fuses, then you probably have a bad Power Distribution Center Assembly and for most users, that is replaceable as one unit.

If the extent of your troubleshooting ability is just to check and replace fuses, you may need to find someone that is versed in electrical troubleshooting as shotgunning parts until it gets fixed can get expensive.

Attachments

• POWER-OUTLETS.pdf
    250.7 KB · Views: 28