2017 2500 tow mirror adjustments

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scott Gould

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
just picked up a 2017 2500 Laramie. When mirrors are in the down position. Large mirror adjusts to look down the side of the truck, just fine. Small mirror I know is manual and can adjust. Then I place in Tow (up) position and small mirror adjusts manually but the large mirror, I can't seem to adjust to look down the side of the truck? If moves and no problem with power, I just can't see anything and it looks like it is mis-aligned looking to the way outside of the truck. Is this correct? Do you use the small mirrors when in tow position? I have not had a trailer on the back yet to see how it looks with that. But a pain checking for cars through that small mirror. Am I doing something wrong or just checking things properly. Thanks,

MartyZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 5.7l Hemi
The tow mirror mode needs adjusted separately from the regular mode. (meaning if you flip them up or down they are not adjusted in the new position) If your direction buttons are normal in regular mode but they are off in tow mode (up is moving mirror out, down moving in, etc.) you will need to enable Tow Mirrors in Alpha OBD. I use the smaller blind spot mirrors to see my rear tires a bit and the blind spots next to me. (Helps backing into spots with my 8ft bed.) You will probably also have a strange concave mirror on the passenger side (zoomed in). I found that adjusting the mirror out (away from the truck) stops it from becoming a rear view mirror. When I first adjusted mine I made it where I could just barely see the side of the truck in the big mirror. when driving however, it made lane changes to the right confusing because the cars behind me looked like they were next to me. You will find the sweet spot. just be careful until you know them really well.

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
just picked up a 2017 2500 Laramie. When mirrors are in the down position. Large mirror adjusts to look down the side of the truck, just fine. Small mirror I know is manual and can adjust. Then I place in Tow (up) position and small mirror adjusts manually but the large mirror, I can't seem to adjust to look down the side of the truck? If moves and no problem with power, I just can't see anything and it looks like it is mis-aligned looking to the way outside of the truck. Is this correct? Do you use the small mirrors when in tow position? I have not had a trailer on the back yet to see how it looks with that. But a pain checking for cars through that small mirror. Am I doing something wrong or just checking things properly. Thanks,
I use the large mirror for checking things in the lanes next to me and behind me. I use the small mirror for checking things close to the side of the truck. When my mirrors are flipped out I can bring them in far enough to see beside the truck but it looks odd to me when both mirrors are pointing in the same direction.

OP
OP
S

Scott Gould

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Thanks. I never thought about pushing the adjustments the other way. I just used them as if the mirrors were in the normal mode and I was looking WAY the wrong way. I'll need to go check that out today, when I have time.

OP
OP
S

Scott Gould

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Case closed. thanks to all. It seems like my drivers tow mirror when in the tow mode, needs a little push with the finger to truly adjust to where it should be. I can hear the motor trying to turn it, but it goes so far. Once I touch it with the finger, it seems to go right where I would like it to be, looking down the side of the truck compared to La La land in the next lane. Passenger side mirror adjusted just fine. I can deal with this since I do not tow much, only during the summer months and truck being 4 years old, maybe it is because it is cold out. Temp is 8* outside currently. But at least I can keep my eye on it for now. Thanks again.