2022 Ram 1500 Limited SIRI volume changes on its own - APPLE CARPLAY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DubiousAlliance

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Eco Diesel
Hi everyone, I've done a fair amount of searching and I can't find anything to resolve this very annoying issue. Anyone else out there had or resolved this issue?

2022 1500 Limited, 12" screen.
Version: FCA-MY22.S26.17-PROD
Using Apple Carplay, iPhone 15 Pro Max (latest update)

Problem presents as:
After vehicle start SIRI volume is correct (meaning it matches the volume set by the volume knob) - Whether you use the steering wheel voice activation or if you use the touch screen for messaging, Google or Waze navigation, etc. Usually (not 100% of the time, probably more like 99% of time) any subsequent SIRI activation, either using voice activation or directly from the touchscreen the volume becomes almost inaudible. It doesn't matter what the volume knob is set to, volume stays low until the vehicle is restarted, or the radio is hard-reset. This happens whether the truck is idling in driveway or on the road.
The times that the volume isn't affected on the 2nd usage, it will change volume within the next 4 to 5 uses. After the volume goes low, I have to turn the volume to max to hear it until the next time I start the truck.

What I've done to try to diagnose and fix the issue:
I have tried the standard fixes.
- Remove the Apple device from the radio, remove Ram connections from the phone & reconnect
- Hard reset the radio
- I read in a thread someone had a tangentially similar issue and was related to speed adjusted volume control. I have tried changing speed adjusting volume control, and turning it off with no change in behavior.
- Banged my head against the dash. I felt better after it stopped hurting, but the radio still exhibits the same behavior.

I'm out of ideas. Spoke to service advisor at last oil change about it. His response was, "big updates coming down the pike - it'll probably be fixed by then". I've seen updates (buy this, buy that, sign up for this, buy this game...) but no fixes.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance.

secretsoup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Signed up to say I have the same issue:

- Same phone
- Same model year
- Laramie trim

Mine only seemed to happen after the new update. Also it affects Apple Music as well - it cuts in and out of speakers seemingly at will.

MD Sledhead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi etorque
Updates coming... that's the story for everything. My 2024 sounds terrible. Been fighting with them for 8 months.

Have you tried looking at the "headphone safety" on your iPhone? I'd turn off the "reduce loud audio"