2022 RAM 1500 - Unknown Connector in the OBD2 port

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ms5626

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2022 Ram Laramie 1500 and recently had a friend use a diagnostic OBD reader to check a warning light. While doing so, he informed me that there was something else also plugged into the port and it was a pass-through. I tried to trace it but it is hard as hell to trace anything under the dash these days. I bought the truck new so it has to be some sort of factory install. Has anyone else had the same finding? I just want to know what it is connected to and the importance.

Many thanks in advance! Be safe, be cool and stay hydrated!

KKBB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2022 Ram Laramie 1500 and recently had a friend use a diagnostic OBD reader to check a warning light. While doing so, he informed me that there was something else also plugged into the port and it was a pass-through. I tried to trace it but it is hard as hell to trace anything under the dash these days. I bought the truck new so it has to be some sort of factory install. Has anyone else had the same finding? I just want to know what it is connected to and the importance.

Many thanks in advance! Be safe, be cool and stay hydrated!
I doubt it is factory. Did the selling dealer charge you for some type of anti theft device, or anything else similar?? That would be my guess as to what it could be.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
AZ - 83 Miles SW of the Geographical Center
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Methinks taking it to the dealer and asking them would be the fastest way to figure out what it is. If it's some sort of device they put in it to track it if it was stolen from their lot, they should have disabled it when you bought it - or removed it completely. If it is theirs, and they admit it but say they disabled it, I would tell them to remove it...now.