2023 1500 telematics/modem location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

orange

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I want to keep em from phoning home. If Stellantis wants my data they can ask me nicely and pay me a fee for it.

My GT500 has the same sort of bs, but all it took was to hinder the telematics module useless by doing any 1 of these 3 things:

1. Pull the telematics module fuse out
2. Disconnect the antennas from the telematics module
3. Remove the modems

Does anyone know how these 2023 send data to the man?

I want to completely stop all cell phone functionality/ability on the truck, including assistance, sos, uconnect internet service, etc. I don't need to do anything with the truck from my cell phone, computer or anything to remotely.

I don't care about the cell card in the radio. I just want to keep the car from transmitting and disconnecting antennas or powering off the telematics module is usually all it takes.

The wiring diagrams in the service manuals have this information, but I have thus far not been able to find a service manual for this truck. Still looking at how techauthirity subscription works before I buy it. I want to make sure it is printable before getting it.

Last edited:

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
The AirCard, usually a Sierra brand, is the connection to Ram Headquarters up in Auburn Hills Michigan.

When you sign up for Uconnect, i think it is called Sirius Guardian, i believe that you are connecting to someone that collects information.

I have never signed up for any Uconnect Fee Based Plan & never will.

I only use Bluetooth to make cell & receive phone calls & i use Navigation that came with the earlier Ram models.

I don't receive anything from Ram Headquarters, except Recall Notices in my regular Mail

OP
OP
O

orange

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My truck came with the free 3 month trial of all that stuff already turned on and I will never sign up for any of it after the trial expires.

But if your vehicle has a modem or Wi-Fi, it is constantly transmitting, it is not only when you sign up for those connected services.

Therefore those antennas need to be disconnected or the module turned off so it cannot transmit at all.

Last edited: