2024 5.7 w/eTorque strange transmission bumping behavior

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R_A_M

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
I have about 7K miles on my 2024 RAM 1500 Laramie with the Hemi and eTorque. About 1K miles ago, the ZF transmission started behaving strangely. I notice the issue after mildly accelerating to various speeds and subsequently relaxing the throttle for a flat section of road. It seems the truck wants to go to a higher gear and doing so gives a bit of a bump forward, like the guy behind me wasn't paying attention, and tapped me with fat rubber bumpers. It is annoying and I'm wondering if others have noticed this and if there is anything that can be done. It was suggested that I could bring it to the dealer to unlearn my driving behavior. That also suggests that maybe there is something in the way I'm driving that is spurring this behavior. Any insights?

Ramfanski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have the same issue occasionally. I don’t have the etorque.

From what I’ve read, it has something to do with the cylinders shut off coming back online at low rpm. The transmission doesn’t like the extra power when they start firing. My truck does this every time I go around gentle but long curve on my way to work every morning. It usually happens when I try to accelerate about 2/3 of the way through the curve. If I set my gear limit to eighth gear, which I guess turns off the afm, it doesn’t seem to do it.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rob345