4th gen bumper mounted on 3rd Gen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MonkeyTrev

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just purchased a 2007 Ram 1500 Megacab and I am looking to get a new front bumper for the rig. I have fallen in love with a bumper for the 4th generation of trucks and I was curious if anyone has any experience with modifying or just mounting the front bumpers from a 4th gen on a 3rd gen. I really hate how big, bulky, and far out the 3rd gen bumpers i have looked at appear. I am talking about aftermarket 4th gen bumpers not factory bumpers.

I am posting a few pictures of my rig below.

IMG_6101 (1).jpgIMG_7926 (1).jpgIMG_7923 (1).jpg

Last edited:

diymirage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just sold the bumper of my 2017 to a gentleman who claimed his grandson was going to mount it on his 2001

He said they make conversion brackets for them

OP
OP
M

MonkeyTrev

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just sold the bumper of my 2017 to a gentleman who claimed his grandson was going to mount it on his 2001

He said they make conversion brackets for them
I was not sure if those brackets would work with an aftermarket bumper. I am looking at purchasing an aftermarket metal bumper.

rzr6-4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi

Looks goofy to me, but to each their own. The contour for the grill is not even remotely the same but close your eyes and pretend it's OK I guess.