65RFE VALVE BODY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2012RAM1500RT

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
I'm interested in hearing from anyone that has replaced/upgraded the valve body in their 65RFE transmission just because of the bad stories and trying to do preventive problems. I have a 2012 RCSB 1500 with this transmission, I have 153,000 miles on it. I tow with it, I take it to the drag strip about 3 times a year and rough handle it at times on the road when I get a wild hair. I'm not interested in making it a high horse power truck, I'm content with how it runs now. If it wasn't for the idiotic 2nd to 3rd gear "prime" or whatever they want to call it I'd have no issue with it, a 66RFE would have made me happier. I haven't had any issues with it so far but hearing about the garbage valve bodies I'm considering doing an upgrade if it helps anything. Should I get a complete valve body or get one of the DIY kits and install. If the issues is warped valve bodies why would I want to use the same warped one. Has anyone used the DIY kits and had success/happy with it. I have zero interest in changing to an 8 speed even though do I want more gears. Heck yes but not for the cost. So if you have done this with happy results help me to decide if it was worth it to you. Whole valve body or DIY kits. Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
2012RAM1500RT

2012RAM1500RT

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Does anybody know someone that has updated their 65RFE valve body or a brand/company that does the best job that can be done to a 65RFE valve body. I can and have looked it up on google/internet and of course everyone is the best, just hoping to find some first hand knowledge. Any information will be appreciated.