8.4 Uconnect a/c not blowing cold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blakem17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
i upgraded from a 5.0 to the 8.4 my truck is a single zone and i got a dual zone bezel can i change this with alpafa obd ? just need help i have no cold ac now it just blows hot thanks

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
i upgraded from a 5.0 to the 8.4 my truck is a single zone and i got a dual zone bezel can i change this with alpafa obd ? just need help i have no cold ac now it just blows hot thanks
Have you tried to continually press the cold button until the AC gets cold (regardless of what the screen says)? On my upgrade, I have to press the temperature button about 15 times after it has reached the bottom or top to get max cold/heat.

OP
OP
Blakem17

Blakem17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Have you tried to continually press the cold button until the AC gets cold (regardless of what the screen says)? On my upgrade, I have to press the temperature button about 15 times after it has reached the bottom or top to get max cold/heat.
I gave this a try and still no cold air and when I go to the 7th speed it stops blowing

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Yes and No.
You probably need to add the cabin temperature sensor and the windshield humidity sensor then make the changes with AlfaOBD to first to a Dual Zone ATC then once that is confirmed switch to a Single Zone ATC.
I know there are converted dual zone bezels that work on single zone systems.
Your in luck as @Mpgrimm2 can be very helpful with these modifications and sells some of the best adapters harnesses and bezels needed for the conversion on his website: https://www.m2mods4ram.com/

OP
OP
Blakem17

Blakem17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
If I got a single zone I’d assume I wouldn’t have to go through all of that ?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
If I got a single zone I’d assume I wouldn’t have to go through all of that ?
I have a single zone and the only issue is what I mentioned and that is only with 2018+ UAS/UAQ radios.

HarryS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You need to program the AC with Alfa OBD no matter what else you do.

OP
OP
Blakem17

Blakem17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
i still need some help with this i have the 7 speed fan i used AlfaOBD to program to a dual zone ATC its on the display when i did a soft reboot still no cold ac do i need to go back to a single zone now ? its 100 plus degrees here in Florida any help would be very much appreciated