99 Ram 2500 4WD brake system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

michaelwoosley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Can anyone direct me to some decent brake system diagrams for the 99 Ram 2500 4WD w/5.9 turbo-diesel?

My buddies Ram has a terrible brake problem where the brake pedal goes to the floor but once there, it seems some type of mechanical engagement occurs to stop the vehicle. Initially I thought it would be something as simple as a bad brake hose or line. The master cylinder had very little fluid in it, so it's obvious the fluid is leaking... somewhere.

There is a valve of some sorts just above the brake line T on the rear differential. At first it looked like a ride height valve, but the brake line feeding the T actually comes from this unit. It doesn't appear nothing is leaking in the obvious manner, but I do attempt to grasp the theory of brake operation with every brake job I do... in order to fully impact my repair and owner confidence in my work.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
That valve on the diff splits the brake line to each wheel ,the top is just a cover over the rearend breather