Adding CarPlay to 2017 ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fred Lambert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 gas
Does anyone know if it is possible to add Apple CarPlay to a 2017 Ram 1500 Long Horn? I'd really like to have my Iphone navigation on the radio screen .

Thanks for any answers.

FDRamLV

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Turbo Diesel Cummins
The only options that i know of as of now is through Infotainment.com....I have come across a couple threads here about M2Mods but havent been able to get more info as of now. Sorry, just saw that this was over a year ago. Have you had any luck or been able to make that swap? I am looking at ditching my uconnect nav as well and adding the apple carplay screen too.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel

sirdumpsalot

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
there are a lot of posts about how people's experiences are so bad. I just upgraded my 2017 to a 2018 UAQ, it's a very easy process if you follow the first post on the link that crash68 gave you. Hardest part is finding a radio from car-part that isn't crazy priced. That thread tells you how to clean the screen up nice, deal with overheating, etc. Look for posts by mpgrimm3 and sitkneelbend