Aftermarket Radio & Screen ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VTCharlie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
I'm looking to upgrade my new ( Basic ) 1500 tradesman with a skimpy 5" screen. I was thinking of buying off eBay or FB marketplace an OEM unit but it seems crazy to find one that would fit. I mainly want Apple CarPlay so I can use navigation etc off my iPhone as well as a bit larger screen for backup camera. I see a few aftermarket unit that they say are plug n play. Anybody use one of these units ? also wondering if installing one of these would void warranty etc. Thanks for info on this.

CanuckRam1313

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
Unfortunately nothing is simply plug and play with our vehicles.
That said, it's not a hard upgrade to do.

I'd recommend you go on the Crutchfield website, perhaps call them, too, and they'll get you set up with a full turnkey package to suit your needs and budget.

EDIT ** no, installing an aftermarket audio system will not void warranty.
Just ensure you don't hack up the job and going with Crutchfield will ensure you get the right parts for the CanBus interface.

diymirage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i got this one on my 4th gen, and absolutely love it

it has all the car play stuff on it, but also a build in off line navigation (ill post a pic from my phone shortly)

if they make one that fits yours, id highly recommend it
(there was one lil wire for the lights that needed attention, if you run into that let me know and ill guide you through it)