any one know any 2" lowering springs for a 4x4 since the coils are different sizes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

erickr7109

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i have a 2006 dodge ram 1500 4x4 BUT i took out the 4x4 and got 2" drop spindles. and im trying to get to a 4 drop infront. I got some 2wd lowering springs for my truck but they didnt fit since the spring size is different. any one know where I can fine some that would fit for my 4wd drive truck? Or you think I should just cut the springs?

rzr6-4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Just because you removed the 4wd, doesn't mean it's not still a 4wd truck from factory. Unless you convert everything there are many components that are 2wd/4wd specific, and you will still need to buy the 4wd versions.

As far as your question, cutting the springs is the cheap option, but that's also what me make fun of high schoolers for doing as their car/truck rides like garbage down the street. I wouldn't have any idea where to find what you are looking for, but I wouldn't try to modify anything to "make it work" on my suspension, factory parts only.

OP
OP
E

erickr7109

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So how about adjusting the torsion bar? And how bad is the quality of the ride with cut springs

rzr6-4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
So how about adjusting the torsion bar? And how bad is the quality of the ride with cut springs

Uuuuummmmm.... you either have coils OR you have torsion bars. So between cutting springs and adjusting torsion bars, one of those is literally impossible because you don't have it. 4x4 I think you cave coils but you need to check.

If you have coils, buy the correct size for lowering it.

If you have a torsion bar, adjusting it up will destroy ride quality but you can actually go down and it will ride fine. That said, you might get a couple inches out of it. If you are trying to get a 4" drop, you will have to get a lowering kit.

Whether you have coils or torsion, you will need to get an alignment done.