Bed issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike Patzius

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Does anyone else have an issue where the floor seams of the bed are not properly aligned. I have a 2019 express and the seams were not properly installed, there are some gaps in the floor seams as well as the sides. See the attached pictures. It may not seem to be a big deal but in a few years there is the possibility of rust due to water running off between the seam gaps. That is why drain holes were made to get water out properly. Part that pissed me off is the Service adviser saying 1. the bed coating was the problem 2. I don't know what to tell you. Then he sent me to a bodyshop that said the only way to repair is by replacing the bed. Body shop guy said it will be a long uphill battle and to go to the GM of the dealership to get some sort of action. The biggest issue is the seams are large enough for debris to get into which will eventually lead to rust, even with the bed liner. Waiting to someone in the service department to return my call after going to bodyshop as they requested.
upload_2020-9-21_15-4-48.png
upload_2020-9-21_15-5-29.png