Best way to remove chrome window trim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stygz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Several months ago I put on stainless chrome window sill trim. After some time, I decided that I really do not like it much anymore. I want to remove it. Has anyone been able to remove this without damaging the rubber underneath? If I damage the rubber trim, I wonder the difficulty and cost of new?

Here is a link to what I have:

https://www.realtruck.com/tfp-stain...MI34Ojl86i3gIVBoGzCh0xWAoIEAQYBCABEgI4f_D_BwE

Kernal Clink

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L Pentastar
The link states that it is applied using 3M tape. If that's the case, just start on one end and start lifting. The adhesive may stick to the rubber but I can't see that it would damage anything unless you use tools to pry between the two pieces. Maybe roll the window down and use some heat to warm up the adhesive first.

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Tradesman Regular Cab
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Let the truck sit in the sun for a while so the 3M tape gets hot then just start on one end and pull it straight off. The stainless trim will be damaged one removed but the rubber molding should be ok with some cleaning.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
If you do need to replace the rubber they run a little over $40 each and are very easy to swap.

These are for a CC. The fronts should be the same for all cabs.

• 55112377AI - Left Front Molding
  • 55112376AI - Right Front Molding
  • 55372139AI - Left Rear Molding
  • 55372138AI - Right Rear Molding
-K

OP
OP
S

stygz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank YOu for all the replies! I am hoping for no damage. I hope the 3M tape is not too strong. I will give it a go on a warm day. Good tip on rolling down the windows and I appreciate the part numbers