Camera front facing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yrraljguthrie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
etorque5.7
I am in the process of installing a dash cam in my 2023 Bighorn. It has an additional camera that normally is rear facing. I'm going to mount it on the front to help when parking. I'm sure others have done the same. How did you route the wires from the cab to the front? I'm aware they can be routed through holes that were in the area of the clutch plate hole. I'm arthritic and 77 and not sure I can reach up under the dash that far. And other ideas or just drill a hole in the floor?

faross

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 l
I did this and what I did was drill a hole above the ram antlers and then thew the grill can't see either spots . I then routed up by the latch and to the right behind the battery along the fender wall you can take a snake or coat hanger and pass it by the door and pull out the weather seal and pass the wires through there . Than up around all the stuff under the dash . And up behind the radio needed to use a snake for that to .

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I am in the process of installing a dash cam in my 2023 Bighorn. It has an additional camera that normally is rear facing. I'm going to mount it on the front to help when parking.
You might want to check if the "rear" camera is waterproof, it may not last long if it's mounted where water can get to it.
Check with the dash camera manufacturer as some offer aux cameras that are waterproof.