Can't find trailer controller wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dalewalt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Hi all,

I have a 2022 1500 Classic Warlock and wanted to install an OEM brake controller that I bought on ebay. All of the instructions/videos I can find say that the wire harnesses needed to plug into the controller are 'under the dash'; but I can't find the harnesses. Is it possible that not all trucks come w/the wiring harness already installed? Or is it just buried somewhere deep in the dash? (I already removed both the lower console and the infotainment screen but still cannot find the harnesses)

Thanks for any help

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OP, U gonna have to get BCM flashed by dealer, unless you run AlphaOBD and such and have the capability to install in the electronics yourself.

OP
OP
D

dalewalt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Yep, I have an appointment with the dealer Thursday, but thanks

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Update: I found the connectors... they were waaaayyy up under the dash

Yeah they tend to not let those wires dangle, too much risk of them making noise behind the dash, so they tie them up out of the way. So they're there, just up there a ways.

On a side note, you DID get the model number specific to your truck, correct? I don't think it's as big of an issue with a 2022, but there were a couple years where the wrong part number would NOT work with the truck at all. There's also substantial debate on if the aftermarket components are worth it or if one should just buy direct from Ram. Personally when it comes to things like this I get the OEM stuff but that's me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rob345