Check engine on then off - cummins turbo actuator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matt-1111

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Check engine light came on last night. Used local auto parts store scanner that brought up U010C code (lost communication with turbocharger control module), and said to replace turbo actuator. This morning when I started the truck again to see if the warning light persisted, it was not there. Why would check engine light have gone away? I did see a YT video that said this code could mean the actuator needs to be replaced, but could also just mean a wiring issue and would need further diagnostics to be sure. Any suggestions on how what I should do? I imagine I'll have to have a repair shop take a look. Maybe they have a way of testing the wiring.

Last edited:

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Bad electrical connections,corrosion on connections.

star_deceiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Because the actuator takes a bit to act up. Don’t worry, your check engine light will return, with more codes. You will be, at minimum, replacing the actuator and maybe the turbo. In Canada, the actuator will run you $4k from the dealer, much less elsewhere.