Chrome bumpers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bam930878

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I would like to get rid of the chrome on my door handles and front and rear bumpers anyone have any suggestions ie paint plasti dip easy diy stuff

co-pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
have them wrapped or diy if your up for that .... you can get some colors that are really close to factory paint.

Barrelcurve

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I’m interested in doing the same thing. Too much chrome!!! :cool::D

I’ve looked at Plasti-dip. It’s probably not hard. It’s the masking I’d be worried about.

I’ve tried looking for replacements, but I’m not finding many options.

I’m also considering just vinyl tape from amazon. Anyone know if that kind of stuff will last on the exterior of the car?
* Mossy Oak Graphics 14007-2-OB Camouflage 2" Wide Obsession Tape Roll https://a.co/d/514cLwz
* VViViD Digital Camouflage Vinyl Wrap Film for DIY No Mess Easy to Install Air-Release Adhesive (1ft x 5ft) https://a.co/d/0YYm6Iw

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
I love chrome and consider this sacrilege;) but it's your pickup. Go to a place that does PPF and wraps. They can do a wrap any colour you want on your bumpers. Here in Edmonton it would ***, (why in heck is r*un, turned into three asterisks?) about $400. Just had the whole front of my car, hood, front quarter panels, mirrors, lights, door handles, trunk bumper deck and door edges PPFed in clear, it was $785.

Last edited:

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I love chrome and consider this sacrilege;) but it's your pickup. Go to a place that does PPF and wraps. They can do a wrap any colour you want on your bumpers. Here is Edmonton it would ***, (why in heck is r*un, turned into three asterisks?) about $400. Just had the whole front of my car, hood, front quarter panels, mirrors, lights, door handles, trunk bumper deck and door edges PPFed in clear, it was $785.
What word did you try that was censored? I tried a few and couldn't figure out what you were trying. Let me know, I'll fix it.

Another option for OP is to get some door handle covers. I ran some I got on Amazon and for years and they looked great. Starting to show their age now though.

Last edited:

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
What word did you try that was censored? I tried a few and couldn't figure out what you were trying. Let me know, I'll fix it.

Another option for OP is to get some door handle covers. I ran some I got on Amazon for years and they looked great.
Thanks for helping out. I put in that "here in Edmonton it would run about $400.

Funny, now it doesn't asterix it out.