Coolant leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

benny68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2013 5.7 hemi with new lifters, head gaskets. Leaking coolant from passenger side and running hot. I put 2 gallons of coolant back in it. Driver side seems fine. Any idea?

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did you check the underside of the water pump...looking 'up' from the bottom with a flashlight. There's a weephole on the bottomside. That's there to allow coolant to escape when the water pump seal goes. Look for potential leaky hoses too when you're under there.

Otherwise, check the heater hoses (and fittings) which lead to the heater core back to the firewall. Those the a couple common leak points.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
2013 5.7 hemi with new lifters, head gaskets. Leaking coolant from passenger side and running hot. I put 2 gallons of coolant back in it. Driver side seems fine. Any idea?
Odds are you installed the head gasket wrong,as they'll leak coolant from between the block and heads if the gasket is installed wrong.Pretty common issue for alot of guys on their first cam/lifter job on a hemi

OP
OP
B

benny68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Odds are you installed the head gasket wrong,as they'll leak coolant from between the block and heads if the gasket is installed wrong.Pretty common issue for alot of guys on their first cam/lifter job on a hemi
Wouldn't the right side leak too? Going to pull it back down and check. Thanks

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wouldn't the right side leak too? Going to pull it back down and check. Thanks
the gaskets will be stamped left and right Left is drivers side right is passenger

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Man... I always quadruple-check HG's before I bolt heads down. That's not one gasket to get 'wrong'. Hope your issue is something simpler (like a bad fitting).