Cooling issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnlew37

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Lamarie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2013 Ram 1500 Laramie with 5.7L around end of September 2023 my A/c decided one day when I went to turn it on that it wasn’t cooling anymore. Worked when I parked day before, next morning nothing. I chalked it up to needing work done and the fact it was down hill slide to summer k figured I would take care of this spring. Well spring rolled around this year and I started messing with. Puzzled how it worked one afternoon when parked, but didn’t the next morning started trying to think back to when it stopped. Well I remembered changing the fan clutch that I thought was bad based off responses on another post I had made then about a roaring noise. I don’t know 100% that is when it stopped, but I do know it was just about that time frame. When you turn a/c on you never hear the compressor or clutch engage you hear nothing. Then started thinking you know I never hear the fan engage ever either. Even lately in Dallas with afternoons in ghe mid 90’s sitting in rush hour traffic you never hear the fan ever. I have never had a vehicle I did not hear the fan as they typically loud when they engage. So is there something I could have done or not done when I installed the new clutch that has caused all of this? Mind you my engine temp never gets below 205 when it’s warmed up. Typically it’s staying 210-216. At that temp you should definitely be hearing a fan swirl. Any ideas of what I could try or look for? Any other thoughts or
suggestions/ideas?