Cylinder 2 misfire 2015 dodge ram 5.7 ssv

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dhollis15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A few months back my truck started the ticking noise right after it hit 100,000 miles it was throwing the code cylinder 8 misfire on and off first I change all the spark plugs and coils after that I took it up to the dealer I got it from they decided that they would change the lifters and camshaft out for me that was about a month ago since I got it back it still slightly ticks and is now showing the code cylinder 1 misfire constantly sounds somewhat better but ticks mostly before I start driving it what should I do now?

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Have you done anything with the exhaust manifolds ?
Use our search function to help familiarize your self with the cause of the tick. It’s not always the cam and lifters.

OP
OP
D

Dhollis15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No I haven’t checked into the exhaust manifold maybe I should check that

Musky Mike

Reaction score
Ram Year
So they changed the cam and lifters and misfire went from cyl 8 to cyl 1? Did they change all the lifters or just cyl 8 and reused the other lifters? Manifold leak will cause a tick, but I don't believe it will cause misfires.

Lysergic

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2023
Engine
4.7L & 3.0L EcoD
I can't provide any suggestions about your tick issue, however with the misfire problem, I might give you something to check out.

I put up with a random misfire with cylinder 8 (passenger side rear on the 4.7L) on my 2012 Tradesman for years. No one could figure it out. I was talking to a former automotive tech that I work with about it and out of the blue he says to me "Check your injector wiring closely, unwrap it going back into the harness".

So I did. And found the problem in 30 seconds. Apparently at the factory, the worker charged with cutting the tape wrapping the injector wiring got a little too aggressive with his tool and nicked the insulation. Over the course of time, the slice got worse was causing an intermittent connection. The minute I unwrapped the tape covering, it broke clean.

Ordered a new injector connector and wired it up. No more misfire on Cylinder 8. :)

Here's a picture of the problem:

injectorwire.jpg