dash removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

willysutton1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins 5.9
can't seem to get my dash out to replace my A/C Evaporator and heat core, I removed all the upper dash bolts and the frame bolts, lowered my steering column and can't seem to get it to budge. any input would be appreciated.

Mike F 2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Diesel
Just removed the dash from my 2003 2500 to put new dash pad and double DIN radio in. The video is good but he missed (or they are not there on that year) 2 bolts that go up through the steering wheel bracket into the steel structure of the dash. Those have to be removed before you can pull the dash. They can bee seen after you drop the tearing wheel down. If I can find it I will post pictures.

Mike F 2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Diesel
Finally found that picture of the 2 fasteners. Your original post was April 3rd so I would think that you were able to get your dash out by now but for anyone else who watches the Video link above and want to know where the 2 fasteners were that were not shown, here is a picture. These bolts are accessible after you have lowered you steering column. They are just fwd and above the 2 aft studs for the column. In the pictre the column has been removed and the black nut put back on the stud. The 2 that need to be removed to get the dash out are the hex bolts going up through the steering column support bracket into the steel pipe that is part of the dash structure.

Attachments

• 20240319_191509.jpg
    20240319_191509.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 5