Diagnostic tool for SERV 4WD problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeff6times7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L v8
I have a 2011 1500 SLT and the SERV 4WD becomes lit about 5 seconds after the ignition is set to ON or the motor is started. It stays lit until the ignition is in the OFF position. The transfer case motor appears to not be activated by any change to the selector on the dash and is stuck, thankfully, in the 2WD setting. I replaced the transfer case motor to no avail. I have a lousy PDF of the wiring diagrams that aren't legible. Is there a diagnostic tool that will expose problems that are not explained by a bad transfer case motor?

I've looked at this video but the description names 3 tools that might've been used but the video doesn't mention the tool that's used. Before wasting my time, I was hoping someone might know which tool would be helpful.

In this video, I found a test for the Drive Train Control Module. Both the pink wire and the yellow-orange wire both have 12V.

Last edited: