Door speakers aren't loud

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike Sully

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Searching now for issues like mine. Did you fix yours abs how?
My left side door, and rear door speakers are both out. The dash tweeter is fine. Was going to pull the door and replace the speaker, but I noticed the back door was also out. Could be something other than the speakers.
Pulled center console - no loose wire in any harness. Ideas?

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Searching now for issues like mine. Did you fix yours abs how?
My left side door, and rear door speakers are both out. The dash tweeter is fine. Was going to pull the door and replace the speaker, but I noticed the back door was also out. Could be something other than the speakers.
Pulled center console - no loose wire in any harness. Ideas?

The OPer hasn't been seen in a couple of years, but Treb is still very active here.

last seen.jpg

If your wiring and connectors are all intact, I'd be suspicious that the radio is toast.

Unless you have unknown gremlins blasting your stereo when you're not around. :cool:

And, welcome.gif to Ram Forum. :cool:

OP
OP
M

Mike Sully

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's not played loudly. The other speakers are all fine. Don't guess there's a fuse for one side?
I might try the battery again. I just disconnected the positive. Saw a video suggesting disconnect both, touch them together, then let it sit 5 minutes.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's not played loudly. The other speakers are all fine. Don't guess there's a fuse for one side?
I might try the battery again. I just disconnected the positive. Saw a video suggesting disconnect both, touch them together, then let it sit 5 minutes.

I would guess that 2 speakers out on the same side are more than a coincidence and resetting the Uconnect radio is doubtful to solve the issue, especially if you've tried it unsuccessfully already.

AFAIK, the harness follows a common path, to a point, for the front & rear speakers on one side. You may have a damaged wiring harness or common ground.

There are many YouTube videos on removing the door skins, changing speakers, and accessing and troubleshooting speaker wires.

You will find related threads on this topic and wiring diagrams for your truck by using the search feature in the upper right corner.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StunnaJB