Ecodiesel Regen Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoeGo88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0
Looking for some help on my Ecodiesel. I have a 2014 Ecodiesel with GDE tune. I monitor EGT Sensors and Normalized Trigger to Regen on my OBD Fusion App. Recently my normalized trigger to regen fluctuates a lot going up and down. I've noticed when I'm on the accelerator my regen % will jump 20% or more temporarily until I am not accelerating as hard or coasting. Once off the accelerator the % will drop back down. This constant fluctuations causes the truck to be confused on regen and I think is creating more regens than necessary. I thought the % would only go up until it was time to regen. With OBD I have the message that will tell me I'm at 80% and a regen is happening. With the fluctuation sometimes I will get the message momentarily then it goes away if I am not accelerating as hard. I will then sometimes suddenly get a 50% completed regen and it may or may not continue to count down like a normal regen. I seem to be having to regen every other day with these constant changes. Hopefully this makes sense. I have cleaned all of the EGT sensors and Particulate matter sensor. Not sure how to test or see if one of those is the problem. Hoping someone else has had this issue or has knowledge of the system. What cause the % to go up on the Normalized trigger to regen? Thanks for any help.