Electrical / ETC issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Beavers-Bama

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
My truck is 2012 Ram 2500 with a 5.7 Hemi Laramie. I recently I purchased the truck with a blown engine and I have recently rebuilt it. It ran fine for 3 months, but now I have been getting the ETC lightning bolt on the dash and the truck is in “limp mode”. The battery was replaced with the engine and appears to be in good health. My scanner is showing the life stream ETC data from the throttle body and the pedal itself to be outside the normal voltage range. I then replaced both the throttle body and the pedal with new parts, and this resulted in no change. I then believed the PCM was faulty, so I order and replaced the PCM with one from Flagship One. This still hasn’t corrected the issue, and I’m drawing a blank. If anyone has any insight into what might be happening, or has had a similar issue please let me know. I’m not a mechanic by trade, and I have sent it to the shop that dynotuned it after I finished the rebuild, and they haven’t had luck tracking the issue as of yet either. It isn’t throwing codes that lead to any one specific problem. I’m thinking it might be a short in the harness, but perhaps I’m missing something that someone here can identify. Thanks in advance for your help!

HarryS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Stop throwing parts at it. Troubleshoot it. Sounds like you may have pinched a harness when installing the engine. Look at every harness in the engine bay.