fog light bulbs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bcraig

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2013 Ram 1500 Tradesman and only recently learned How to turn them on .

I just started to use them in the past few days ,actually at night and I like being able to see if there is a critter about to run across the road ,or a person on the side of the road whether walking or on a bicycle

And being able see better before making a slow turn into a Narrow driveway that is not very wide with a ditch on both sides of the driveway.

Curious how many use the fog lights for all night driving and if some just leave them on 24/7.

Also do yall uses the bulbs that came with your Ram or do you put brighter bulbs in the Fog Lights ?
If so ,what would be the bulb to use to put more light to the sides of the truck ?

JW2 Innovations

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
I don't think I've ever touched my fog lights while driving, have auto on headlights, and are always on (see indicator on dash when headlights come on). Have been thinking of doing the AlphOBD change to leave them on with high beam as well, though honestly I haven't turned my high beams on that much to date. As far as I know, my bulbs are standard. Will follow here to see what good ideas this group shares.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Also do yall uses the bulbs that came with your Ram or do you put brighter bulbs in the Fog Lights ?
I used to run LEDs(9006) in the factory fog housings but it just scatters light everywhere making them sorta useless for fog and snow.
I've since switch to a set of DiodeDynamics SS3 SAE Pro level fog lights. Work spectacular in fog, snow and to see critters on the sides of the roads. The beam shape is curb to curb wide and stays low. If you really want gobs of light for driving and don't want to invest in aftermarket fog lights, put the LEDs (9005) in the high beam locations.

Yardbird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have LEDs in mine. They throw the same pattern as the originals, but brighter.

I did go with yellow, which to me, makes the things on the side of the road stand out better. I go through a dip below my house where all kinds of critters are, especially deer and the like.

The below pictures are using fog light only, at the exact same place, cresting a hill in a slight turn.

Halogen Fogs.jpg

LED Fogs.jpg