Front CV Axle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MarksRam1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey folks. I am sure this is has been discussed. I have a 2011 Ram 1500. I paid a shop to replace the entire front suspension and axles. But it looks like there was damage done to the seal on the front dif. One of the new axles also has a pin hole in the boot. The work included installing new Rough Country 1.5" lift struts and Ready Lift upper control arms to level the truck. The rear is stock height.

My question. Since I need to replace the axle, do I need to get an extended axle or are stock lengths ok to use. I will be replacing the intermediate shafts and seals when doing this work.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey folks. I am sure this is has been discussed. I have a 2011 Ram 1500. I paid a shop to replace the entire front suspension and axles. But it looks like there was damage done to the seal on the front dif. One of the new axles also has a pin hole in the boot. The work included installing new Rough Country 1.5" lift struts and Ready Lift upper control arms to level the truck. The rear is stock height.

My question. Since I need to replace the axle, do I need to get an extended axle or are stock lengths ok to use. I will be replacing the intermediate shafts and seals when doing this work.
Nope. Regardless of the slight ride height change, everything is still operating at factory specs. Stock length is fine.