Front Parksense issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tony Stark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 2019 Ram Laramie 2500 has a front Parksense alert when backing a trailer. Dealer tech said turn off front and rear Parksense when towing. I bought the truck to tow with and it is fully equipped for the job. Does this sound right?

46RamMan

U.S. Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My 2019 Ram Laramie 2500 has a front Parksense alert when backing a trailer. Dealer tech said turn off front and rear Parksense when towing. I bought the truck to tow with and it is fully equipped for the job. Does this sound right?

When I tow with my 2018 Ram and back up it sets off the park sense system but I don't pay attention to it then.. so the dealer is probably correct but it is still dumb. The sense system should de activate the rear when hooking up the lights for the trailer but I guess not...:banghead::banghead:

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
My 18 automatically de-activates the rear sensors when I hook up either of my trailers. Not sure if it's a setting, but it does it. I have the brake controller so it might be part of that configuration. I've never got a front park-sense alarm when towing though. Is there a chance the wiring on your trailer is screwy? Maybe a bad ground is throwing something off?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Not sure why he would say to turn the front park sensors off, it might save you if get close to something while the front end is swinging around while maneuvering.
I'm pretty sure my '15 turns the rears off when a trailer is connected, been a while since I've paid attention to it.

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
My rear sensors deactivate when I hook up to a trailer. My front sensors seems to be more sensitive when hooked up though, mine are always dirty so that may have something to do with it.