Front seat video playback.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Poking around in AlfaOBD this AM and found a setting to enable front seat video playback. Has anyone tried it (I don't use video's). Am wondering if enabling it would enable video in motion for the Nav, so "the passenger" can enter info in the Nav while vehicle is in motion.

It is located in:
Ram
Ram 1500
Radio
Radio navigator module: MY****

Go to active diagnosis..........
ECU Current Internal Settings
Options in the drop down window: Front Seat Video Playback Enabled / Disabled.

Just curious.

Last edited:

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Poking around in AlfaOBD this AM and found a setting to enable front seat video playback. Has anyone tried it (I don't use video's). Am wondering if enabling it would enable video in motion for the Nav, so "the passenger" can enter info in the Nav while vehicle is in motion.

It is located in:
Ram
Ram 1500
Radio
Radio navigator module: MY****

Go to active diagnosis..........
ECU Current Internal Settings
Options in the drop down window: Front Seat Video Playback Enabled / Disabled.

Just curious.
Nope, I've tried it and it doesn't work. Something somewhere overrides that setting...I think it is actually meant for a setting on another vehicle with rear seat entertainment. Aftermarket solutions like the lockpick did it by tricking the radio into thinking that the vehicle was stationary which caused weird things to occur on the factory NAV screen like your vehicle showing itself traveling backward and jumping suddenly to a new location.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Thanx for the feedback. I was tempted, but declined to change it fearing it may hose other things.
No downside, just doesn't work. I'm sure there is some scenario where it does, but nobody has figured it out.