Getting an appointment for dealer service

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BuschLatte420

chill water by day, drink beer by night
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 classic tradesmen crew cab 6’4 box
Engine
5.7L NON E-TORQUE 3.92 gears 4x4
Hay Busch Man, doesn't your manual call for 5w20w my 2019 calls for that but a use 5w30w, are they doing the free oil changes?
Mine calls for 0w20 in the manual & states it on the oil fill cap as well.

Left-lane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Dealerships I've used in the Northeast for my 2018 Big Horn varied a great deal in responsiveness as well as capability and willingness to do Warranty work. Oil changes and other scheduled maintenance were ok and usually within a week. However, mine developed a squeak/thump when going over uneven road areas like a manhole cover depression or a raised patched area. One dealership nearest to me claimed to not be able to reproduce it even though I told them (and wrote it down for the tech) where and how to recreate it near their shop... Another one on Cape Cod told me straight-out, they wouldn't take it and I was better off taking it back where I bought it. By now I had pulled stuff off of the internet that indicated it was likely the bolt holding the passenger side cab to frame... I gave this info to the dealership where I had purchased the truck and it probably took them 20 minutes to deal with the issue and it never reoccurred. Bottomline: Getting warranty work done and done right can be a real chore. I suspect the service departments get less $$$ for warranty work