I need nerf bars that bolt to frame

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crombienator

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I bought some cheapy nerf bars. The were pretty good and had mounts that attatched to the existing holes in the body. I decided one night to kiss the side of a gigantic snowbank coming out of a parking lot and it destroyed the body hole to the point that a new mount will no longer attach to the body...Anybody know of any? 13 Ram 1500 Quad Cab

Attachments

• 20150322_204945547_iOS copy.jpg
    20150322_204945547_iOS copy.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 480

Mr. Crowley

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 2500 4x4 Crew Cab
Engine
5.7Hemi
Good luck with that.
I've looked for bars that bolt to the frame instead of the rocker panels since I bought this truck. They don't seem to exist.
Closest I could find were some rock sliders and they are a bit more than I wanted to spend.

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
OEMs mount to the same spot too.

OP
OP
crombienator

crombienator

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
OEMs mount to the same spot too.

Good luck with that.
I've looked for bars that bolt to the frame instead of the rocker panels since I bought this truck. They don't seem to exist.
Closest I could find were some rock sliders and they are a bit more than I wanted to spend.

Great. I may need a heavy duty piece of sheet metal.

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
i think you could get some decent gauge metal plates welded on both mounts and good to go. I said both so it sits the same front to back along the body. Just drill some mounting holes and paint and remount and good to go. make the plate large enough so it spreads the stress to a larger area and its past the torn area.

spankis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
My dad's truck is a 2500, so I'm not sure if it's any different but, he has Raptor 5" steps on his truck. They make several sets of stainless steps that are super solid and actually bolt to the body mounts.

Mr. Crowley

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 2500 4x4 Crew Cab
Engine
5.7Hemi
Dodge Power Wagon Rock Sliders

You could always go with rock sliders.

Not a direct bolt-on, but could be a good start.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk

Yeah, those are the ones I found. Should be direct bolt on for me, but I'd want the top plates and powdercoat so too much for a couple steps.

I've pretty much decided short people can just deal with the climb lol

BMD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 x1 and 2014 x2
Engine
Hemi
Anyone have pics of properly installed nfab nerf bars so I can show the dealership as they assed mine up!
Thanks

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
There are many killer rock sliders that act like nerfs, but the coolest ones cost some serious coin.

58d1139014172-rock-slider-design-and-tech-dsc02165.jpg

OP
OP
crombienator

crombienator

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There are many killer rock sliders that act like nerfs, but the coolest ones cost some serious coin.

58d1139014172-rock-slider-design-and-tech-dsc02165.jpg

Excuse my ignorance but what is the difference between a rock slider and a nerf?

mojoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Excuse my ignorance but what is the difference between a rock slider and a nerf?

Construction and mounting design normally. Much beefier...Rock sliders are meant to protect your vehicle from damage. You can literally contact a rock with them and keep the vehicle protected, also a great jacking point for your vehicle (mainly on hardcore off-road rides such as Jeeps, etc.).

Nerf/Steps are designed for vehicle access only, and possibly the occasional branch kicking up.

OP
OP
crombienator

crombienator

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Construction and mounting design normally. Much beefier...Rock sliders are meant to protect your vehicle from damage. You can literally contact a rock with them and keep the vehicle protected, also a great jacking point for your vehicle (mainly on hardcore off-road rides such as Jeeps, etc.).

Nerf/Steps are designed for vehicle access only, and possibly the occasional branch kicking up.

I want that

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
My Jeep had rock sliders that bolted to the body mounts, this allowed for an inexpensive design but killer functionality. These were under 200 bucks and because of the tri tube it protected the Jeep and allowed to step on it. Dunno if they have these for a ram.

mojoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My Jeep had rock sliders that bolted to the body mounts, this allowed for an inexpensive design but killer functionality. These were under 200 bucks and because of the tri tube it protected the Jeep and allowed to step on it. Dunno if they have these for a ram.

I loved the body mounted rockers. I ran PSC rockers on 3 of my Jeeps. I doubt it for the RAM though. The complexity of the rocker would make it difficult, plus there is no easy way to access mounting to the upper rocker like the Jeep. I'm sure it's doable, but not in production.

Last edited:
OP
OP
crombienator

crombienator

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Update:
I just cut a piece of a truss hanger off that I had hanging around the gargage (heavier sheet metal) and used self tapping screws to repair the hole after hammering it back to close to where it was suppose to be. Seems to have done the trick.